Sunday, September 23, 2012

MAYBE I'M DREAMING




MAYBE I'M DREAMING IN A MIRACLE OR A MYSTERY


Lately, I've been thinking how things just seem so perfect and yet there is always someone complaining about life. We can choose to get the world as a miracle or as a mystery, both of these have the same origin, life. Make a stop of whatever it is you are doing right this moment and help me think about this, how awesome it is that human life was place in a perfect place of the galaxy, where it is not too cold but neither so hot? How great it is that our human anatomy and functions are so well established that to understand it doctors take almost all their life studying it, and still some parts of it remain a mystery? What can we say about that magnificent breaking dawns and sunsets we've got, that gives our life hope for a better tomorrow? Which one of you haven't stared at a beautiful night and seen the lighting of the starts, even the magic moon is always there to remind us what a perfect world we've got? I really think there is so much more of life we don't even realize being so trapped out in the daily routine. The problem is when we finally realize life happens in blink of an eye time has almost gone away. So why do we have to waste so much time to appreciate such a wonderful world we have? 


Every morning we get up with the purpose of surviving a new day, when we should wake up with the only purpose of living each day and enjoying all of the good stuff not drowning ourselves in the bad stuff. I had the great opportunity of meeting some little angels at a "National Kids Hospital" struggling with a terrible disease, who teach me so much more than I will ever be able to teach them, no matter how hard their situation or pain was they were always in the mood of sharing a smile for me. Remembering this I realize how many smiles do you share each day? How many "thank yous" do you give? But, most of all how many I am sorry do you have mean today? Someone told me once, that for making a change we had to believe we can change first and if schools or our progenitors will teach us stuff like that another reality will strike this world.

I was born a dreamer what can I say, but that doesn't  change the reality that I was raised in a society where a four letter word doesn't always means love, instead we daily have terrible pain and no one seems to be doing anything about it. I choose a career where I could be able to make a change and help people above all, the truth is no one said it will be easy or a short road for me ever, nor will we doctors be able to take a rest of the world. My country daily news on paper, the web or on television show a terrible reality of violence, lies, corruption, selfishness, misery, fear and thousands of other things I really hate facing. Sometimes I wake up to a new day where I fear thing will go even worst than they already are here, but that's when I remember a kids smile so innocent, pure, genuine and that's what keeps me going on in such a difficult road. 

Have you ever ask a kid what do the want to be when they grow up? You'll probably get all sort of answers an engineer, lawyer, doctor, vet, parent, astronaut, singer, actor, fire fighter, police, teacher, economist, scientist, magician, a princess, power ranger, spider man, superman or even batman and alot of more great roles; that's because they really believe in the beauty of their dreams and hopes, kids see souls where adults haven't seen even hearts anymore and it's our twisted society the one who ends up messing with their head and turning them to one more "surviving adult", instead of a "living happy one". That creativity, spirit, honesty and dreamers is what adults have forgotten, but most of all we have given up believing in a better world, in a better tomorrow and in creating solution instead of making bigger problems all the time.

People talk about a "crazy world" but they don't do anything to change that, nor even try anymore to be happy with the amazing things we have in front of us. I have seen, heard, tasted, touched and smelled suffering not just in the eyes of alot of people which has definitely broken my heart, but I've seen it in the eyes of those little angels and it has completely broken my soul, then pulled me back together a smile from their lips, a big hug from their hands but most important the faith they will never loose.

Why can't we believe in a better tomorrow then? If we are able to wait, make, deliver and take care of a miracle  for 9 months why does the world keeps falling apart? I'm one of those persons who likes to give without expecting anything in return, maybe that's why I'm here now who knows, but if we can pursuit our happiness and make our dreams come true why can't we make our surrounding a better place? 

Maybe I'm dreaming by believing it is still a wonderful world, that things will lead us to happiness eventually and expecting we won't be afraid of affecting change. Next time we face a hard situation we should think about kids and place a positive attitude to share a smile, believe me it's much easier to find a better solution that way, instead of loosing control. Tears will always appear sometimes, no one said they won't but as I said earlier we will always have the sun come out to bright our tomorrow, we must just believe like a kid does.


No comments:

Post a Comment